DO YOU KNOW about the Statue of Unity: The world Tallest Statue . Now, i am going to talk about the World’s Largest Statue , Location ,Designer, Type, Material , Height, Starting date, Opening date , Completion Date, Dedicated ,Website and some interesting facts .Today (31 october) will be inauguration by Narendra Modi (Prime minister of India ). The Statue of Unity ,a memorial dedicated to India’s first Home Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel be unveiled today to commemorate the 143th birth anniversary of Patel, who played a key role in unifying India. Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day) celebrated to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel ,the Iron man and the Architect of Modern India
Do you know ?
1. The statue of unity will comprise two semi-joined composite concrete cylindrical cores, sorrounded by a structural steel space frame to support the exterior cladding
2. 3.5 km Highway will be built to connect the statue of unity in Sadhu Island to kevadia town in Gujarat.
What is Statue of Unity:
The Statue of Unity is a monuments dedicated to Indian Independence movement Leader Vallabhbhai Patel located in the Indian state of Gujarat. The Statue of Unity means an icon of Unity or tribute to Sardar Patel . The Statue of Unity stands high,in terms of height as well as its historical and National value. The world’s tallest Statue of iconic leader Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel located near Sarovar Dam in Gujarat . The Statue has been built at a cost Rs 2,333 crore.. National Unity Day (31st October) celebrates 14 Birthday of Sardar Patel because , during his term as Home Minister of India , He is credited for the integration of over 550 Independence princely states into India from 1947-49 by Independence Act.(1947).He is known as the “Bismarck (a) of India.
About Statue of Unity:
Created-31 october 2013
Opening date-31 october 2018 (o day ago)
Statue of unity Completion date-October 2018
3.32 kilometers from the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat’s Kevadia (Narmada district , Gujarat ,India)
Designed by Ram V Sutar . The Statue of Unity was built in a record 33 months or designed by Padma Bhushan -winning sculptor Ram V Sutar, a sculptor from Noida. Padmashri and Padma Bhushan recipient Ram Vanji Sutar , who also created the Mahatma Gandhi Statue at the Indian Parliament
.Larsen and Toubro and the state -run Sardar Sarovar Nigam Ltd.
.Scrap metal collected across India to built the Structure
.Assembled by around 4,000 Labourers
Steel framing ,Reinforced concrete,Bronze cladding.
Statue of unity Height–
. 597.11 feet or 182 metres( including base:240 metre 790 ft)
.Twice as tall as Statue of Liberty
.177 feet heigher than China ‘s spring temple Buddha, Tallest Statue till now.
Sardar Vallabhbhai patel , also known as Iron man of India
Statue of unity Cost of operation and Maintenance–
Rs 657 crore over 15 years/ Rs 43.8 crore annually/ or Rs 12 lakh per day
Who”ll fund it –
Central Government, five PSUs -ONGC ,HPCL ,BPCL ,Indian oil
Reportedly ,Rs 120 for an Adult Indian plus Rs 350 to enter the viewing Gallery.
Footfall expected-15000 tourists daily
Contruction completed in -33 months
Where is the Statue of Unity:
It located facing the Narmada Dam , 3.2 km( 2.0mi) away on the river Island called Sandhu Bet near Vadodara in Gujarat. The monuments along with its sorrounded by a 12 square km artifical Lake. It is the world tallest Statue . The Statue weight double the weight of the biggest Airplane in the world.
At the launch ceremony , PM Modi will pour soil and Narmada water into a ‘kalash or urn, a statement from the prime minister ‘s office said . PM Modi opened the project five year ago on 31 october 2013, when he was the Chief minister of Gujarat.
Here are 15 interesting facts that distinguish the Statue of unity from other Statues in the World
1. Statue of Unity is the tallest statue in the World
2.Statue of Unity is located in Narmada District in Gujarat
3. Iron was collected from all over the Country for the Sardar patel Statue.169 lakh loha kits (used iron framing implements )where collected from villages across the Country to build the Statue
4.Total height of 182meter or 597 feet
5.Surpass the current tallest statue ,china’s spring temple Budha by almost 100 feet.
Twice the size of USA’s statue of liberty (93 metre tall )in.
6. The statue of sardar Vallabhbhai Patel can withstand earthquake measuring up to 6.5 on the Richer scale and wind speed of 60m/sec.
7. To help tourists reach the Statue of Unity with ease, the government is also building a 3.5 km highway from kevadia town
8. The time for construction of the Statue of unity , the World’s Tallest Statue, is fixed at 42 months. No escalation on labour fuel, and material is allowed.
9. 22500 Mton of cements will be used to build the Statue of Unity , the World Tallest Statue.
10.For Selfie Lovers, a vantage point has been designed at the gallery of the Statue of Unity from where people can create their own memories
11. The Shrestha Bharat Bhavan which is adjacent to the Statue of Unity is designed to become a 3- Star hotel with 128 rooms
12. Statue of Unity will have a viewing gallery at 153m. Gallery of the statue can a accommodate 200 visitors at one go and would give them a bird’s eye view of the 200 km reservoir of the Sardar Sarovar dam and the Satpura and Vindhya Mountain Ranges.
13. Statue of unity stands 182 m tall , as compared to the statue of liberty at new York which is at 93 m
14. A 128 room ,3-star hotel facility with food service, guest amemities, and conference facilities is being built next to the Statue which is expected to attract tourists to the region.
15 The government predicts the Statue of unity will generate approximately 15000 direct jobs for the local indigenous people every yearTHANK YOU